Ski resort Sierra Nevada
Attractions and activities
- Toboggans: 10 euros one hour, from 5 years
- Russian sledge: 5 euros per person, where children from 4 to 7 years have to look after by an adult.
- Visit the Mirlo Blanco playground which offers many activities.
- Sierra Nevada also offers 1 Snowpark and 1 Activity Area called Mirlo Blanco
Nightlife at the resort
There is an active nightlife in the Sierra Nevada resort. The Discoteca Slalom is one of the trendier and most popular night spots, but there are many other ‘disco pubs’ to choose from.
When to go
How to Get from Granada to Sierra Nevada by Bus, Taxi or Car
[Tweet “How to Get from Granada to Sierra Nevada by Bus, Taxi or Car”]
The Sierra Nevada has very good road connections. The mountains are located to the southeast of Granada and the approximate distance from Granada to the Sierra Nevada is 21 km.
Distances from the Sierra Nevada to some Spanish cities: 160 kilometres to Málaga, 462 km to Madrid and 286 km to Seville.
Granada airport is about 42 kilometres and Malaga airport 180 kilometres from the Sierra Nevada.
You can get from Granada to the Sierra Nevada by car, via the highest road in Europe. If there is not much traffic, the trip takes between 30 and 40 minutes. You can also reach the Sierra Nevada by bus, which takes about an hour.
There are also local buses that will help you to get around between the different areas of the Sierra Nevada ski station.
How to Get to Sierra Nevada by Car
– From E-902/A-44 motorway, take exit 132 to Ronda Sur/Sierra Nevada/Alhambra and then the exit to the A-395 motorway.
– In the tunnels, keep right to take the A-395 towards Sierra Nevada/Pinos Genil. Be careful, though, as the left lane is for The Alhambra and Granada.
– After driving for about 21 kilometres, there is a detour so you must follow the A-395 (warning: your GPS can tell you to turn left (sign ‘Guejar Sierra’) to take the A-4025!) You can also reach the Sierra Nevada by the A-4025 but it is a longer and more difficult route.
– After driving for about 5 miles you will see the ski resort entrance signs and a roundabout.
– If you drive straight on you will arrive at the centre of the ski resort: Pradollano, Plaza de Andalucia and the ski lifts. At the entrance to the station there is parking at the Plaza de Andalucia.
– However, if you need to access the youth hostel, you have to turn left and continue driving uphill until you reach one of the parking areas. From there you can gain access to the ski station by using the Virgen de las Nieves lift.
How to Get toSierra Nevada by Public Transport
The company that provides Granada-Sierra Nevada bus services is Autocares Bonal, leaving from the Granada bus station located in the north of Granada city, in Jaen Road.
Departure times: Monday to Friday: 08:00, 10:00 and 17:00.
Public holidays, Saturdays and Sundays: 08:00, 10:00, 15:00 and 17:00.
To return to Granada you can take the bus from the Pradollano: Monday to Friday and public holidays: 09:00, 16:00 and 18:30. Saturdays and Sundays: 09:00, 13:00, 16:00 and 18:30.
You are of course allowed to take skis and other sports equipment onto this bus.
Bus tickets: the price of a bus ticket is 5 euros, you can purchase tickets online in autocarestocina.es or buy them directly at the Granada bus station.
How to Get to Sierra Nevada by Taxi
The price of the taxi to Sierra Nevada depends on whether it is snowing or not.
If it is snowing and the taxi driver has to put the chains on the wheels the price is about 100 euros, in normal weather conditions the price is about 60 euros.